Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tagged: "You Don't Know Stuff" About Me

+++ Tagged by TL Yayen (hailiegurl)


Post the rules:

- Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.

- Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their ten things and post these rules.

- At the end of your blog, you need to choose ten people to get tagged and list their names.

- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



1) I joined Battle of the Brains when I was in 6th grade and actually went to advance to the monthlies. Benedictine Abbey, the school which defeated us in the monthlies, eventually became the grand champion. I once again joined the contest on my 4th year of High School - we lost by 50 pesos.

2) In 2003, while my whole family was in Texas, I decided to go to Boracay alone - via RORO. Left Cubao at 8:30 PM Friday and arrived in Caticlan at 1:30 PM the next day. I went back to Manila that way,too!

3) I am fascinated with capitals of the world. I am proud of that fact. However, in 2001, Vince, my ex-bf stumped me when he asked the capital of Lithuania (his dad's home country). I didn't know the answer back then, it's Vilnius. Haha :)

4) In 2003, I ran away from home for two weeks. However, for two weeks that I was away from home, wherever I may be that time, I made sure that I was in front of a TV set at 5:30 PM - watching Meteor Garden! Haha :)

5) I was the Student Council Chairman when I was in 6th grade. My sister Raina replaced me when I graduated. I was also the Student Council Chairman in my 4th year HS. Raina once again replaced me when I graduated. In our Junior - Senior Prom, I handed  her the Key of Responsibility for the Juniors and she handed me the Candle to Light the Way for Seniors. haha :)

6) My mom was a stage mother!!! I tried various audition pieces for Little Miss Philippines - told a story (Jack and the Beanstalk), danced Mambo # 5 complete with fruits on top of my hat, played the organ, declaimed. I got accepted, only to find out there were no more slots as the contest was about to close when I got in. Ahaha.

8) The last time I spent Christmas with my mother was back in 1996. I had a row with my father the day he left for the US. I have a long distance relationship with my mom and dad! :)

9) The first time I fell in love was I 13. Denmark is the older brother of my classmate Patrick. I've known him since I was in Kindergarten (1987), though I realized that I loved him when he was about to leave for Canada in 1995. The day before he left, I told him how I felt. That was the first time I cried over a guy, I have waited for him for about 8 years. In 2003, I have realized I was chasing a dream and let go of him. Last October, he went home and I met up with him after 13 years!!! I spent time with him but only as a friend. :) He is happily in love with his girlfriend. :) This June, he's coming back with her.

10) In early 2004, I met this charming man from Oklahoma and thought that he was just some random guy I'd be saying hi to and eventually forget. Just as I've thought, we lost contact after a few weeks of chatting with him. I started working for AT&T Internet Services in October 2004 and decided to look up his email address. We resumed communication - years passed and I have realized that I was beginning to fall in love with him but I was too scared. Apparently, he was falling in love with me and would casually joke about marrying me. In July 2007, I have given into my feelings for him and decided to reciprocate what he has been feeling for me, but guess what? After two months, we broke up right away for the distance between us was too hard. Yes, it was depressing for me but I never really got mad at him - it was the first time that I acted that way. Haha :) It took about over a month before we realized that we really can't live without each other - and yes, we have decided to wait for each other and get married. I AM TRULY BLESSED for having Joshua in my life!!!!


+++ I'm tagging:

redrained (my sister Raina)
jstymed (my boyfriend Joshua)
orchidcatt (my friend and neighbor Orchid)
banshenzi124 (my Safeguard and common sense Dio)
sickofmyself (my beach buddy Erlyn)
skyewhit (my Starbucks buddy and wavemate Sekki)
rowduh (my laughing buddy, confidante and ex-teammate Rowduh)
pierresd (my college batchmate Pierre)
lunesolennel (my St. Paul batchmate Nina Michaella)
brunoliddle (my Kiwi friend)

No comments: