Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sleepless in Manila

It's almost 3 PM. I should be sleeping, but here I am - stomach-full and wide awake. I have a night schedule this week due to the leadership training I attend from 8 PM to 12AM at Emerald Ave. AND I AM SUPER SLEEPY!!!!

With my regular morning schedule, I can render 5,6 even 8 hours of overtime. Yesterday,though, on my 3rd hour of OT, I was dead as a vegetable. I used the PC inside my director's office, and for every 20 or so strokes she makes on her keyboard, I did one or two, three the most. For the first time in six months, I bought a Starbucks frap with caffeine on it (I have always been a fan of the green tea variety).

This is the main reason why I was able to let go of my former job so easily. I used to be nocturnal, but not anymore. I crave sleeping when it's dark outside, and I love to go through Manila traffic, I don't want to watch the lunchtime news - I want the primetime one. NIGHT SHIFT. I hate it.

*we now return you to regular programming....

No comments: