Thursday, May 15, 2008

Things to be THANKFUL for


This day has got to be the most exhausting day in my work life ever since the Christmas promotion. 

- For the first time since I assumed the manager position, I had to impose an administrative sanction (and being friends super friends with the person made it 100 times more difficult). 

- I just found out that I will be working 6 days this week. Yeah I was on leave last Tuesday, but I am sooo looking forward to my weekend - catching up on sleep. I have only 2 supervisors on the shift - one is one scheduled leave and the other one is on emergency - I have to fill in. But then I found out that there will only be two managers for the whole 24 hour shift - so of course I had to help,too! I was so frustrated I had to take a break - go to Robinson's with Josh - buy mango sango, pancit malabon and eat our favorite shawarma rice! lol

- These crazy customer complaints!!! IN New Zealand, complaints from customers are taken seriously - there is a third party agency which oversees complaints and makes sure that the telecoms companies do something about them - the two complaints really made my head ache - I am not complaining - hmm.. yeah I was complaining about the complaints!!!

I felt so exhausted and Josh was telling me to take it easy already as I was throwing my body against the chair - looking at the construction site across our building - AND THEN IT STRUCK ME - I AM SUCH A WHINER!!!





These manongs working across our building - exposed in the sun all day - no portable toilet to relieve themselves, it was even raining earlier and they were only wearing their hardhats to protect them! Instantly, I felt a surge of energy coming from within. Here I am, earning a salary which was more than the monthly minimum wage, in just one cut-off, complaining my butt off while real hard workers are out there struggling to make ends meet! 

Boy, this was really an eye opener for me!!!!

No comments: